Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Isay Berroya


For someone who loves taking pictures, I come from a family who wouldn't sit still long enough to have their pictures taken. I guess that goes with the mentality that having the service provider at your disposal anytime means not having the need to have your portraits done unless its an emergency (like they need an I.D. picture for a document or something - or its a birthday or a family occassion). So imagine how thrilled I was when my youngest sister Isay, FINALLY agreed to pose for me!


I fashioned her into a chinese doll since she is the only one in our family who got my mother's chinky eyes. I enjoy doing this since I know these pictures will be cherished for years.


This portrait now sits on our wall going up the stairs, printed in humongous proportions for everyone to see and Isay (though she vehemently denies it) loves it.

No comments: