Monday, January 22, 2007

David Balaoing Garceron


Last June 3, 2006, friends and family gathered to celebrate a beautiful moment. David's Baptism.

It is simply amazing to witness how one child can bring so much joy to many. At St. Michael's Chapel in Fort Bonifacio, David was moved from one set of loving arms to another. He was showered with kisses by Aunts, Cousins, Friends, Grandparents - you name it. Even when the priest arrived, the buzz of happiness and excitement did not quiet down.

The nice thing with baptisms, different generations bond together. The grandparents have their set of friends, Fiel (David's mom) also had her group, David's dad had his PMA classmates at another corner. These are happy moments that every parent cherishes.
I got a bit teary-eyed, trying to think how it would be when my time would come when my own child would be baptized. I'm sure I would be overwhelmed. It made me realize that babies are definitely gifts from heaven. They're the only ones who can bring so much joy with no effort at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you have any pictures of the church? the st. michael's church?